Fire & Emergency Service Career Exploring is open to young men and women ages 14 (and completed the 8th grade) through 20 years old with an interest in learning more about careers in the field of Fire & Emergency Services.
Fire & Emergency Services Exploring is a hands-on program that exposes participants to many career experiences, leadership opportunities, and community service activities. The primary goals of the program are to help young adults choose a career path within fire and emergency services and to challenge them to become responsible citizens of their communities and country.
Exploring’s 5 Areas of Emphasis:
- Career Opportunities – Real-world career skills
- Leadership Experience – Leadership skills employers crave
- Life Skills – Conflict resolution, problem-solving, relationship skills education
- Citizenship – Learn democratic process and respect for others
- Character Education – Ethical decision making
Learn more about Exploring the fire service by contacting your local volunteer fire department, completing our simple contact form or by calling our Erie County Volunteer Firefighter Hotline at 716.601.3021.
In Genesee County:
Click here to learn more about volunteering in Fire/EMS by visiting Get FIRED Up Genesee!